Kevin is an innovative senior engineer with hands-on experience in packaging machine design, line integration and commissioning, and project management in pharmaceutical and near-pharma environments. He has a proven record of developing technical solutions within team environments for the design, manufacture, and operation of packaging equipment through the application of technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills. He has held leadership roles in both OEM and end-user organizations. His experience in the packaging and pharmaceutical industries includes design of labeling and thermoforming equipment, servo motion profile development, datamatrix and RFID serialization implementation, rapid changeover, CGMP life cycle documentation generation (FRS/DDS/URS/FAT/SAT), finding and eliminating process waste using lean tools and techniques, and leading teams.
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering, Drexel University
- International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE)
- The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies (PMMI)
- PCI Services (formerly Catalent Pharma Solutions, formerly Cardinal Health)
- Swartz, Kevin, et al. “A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words, a Model a Thousand Times More.,” Manufacturing In Focus, October 2021
- Swartz, Kevin. “New Semi-Automatic Case Packers Fill a Void.” INTERPHEXblog.com, 9 April 2018.
- Swartz, Kevin. “Temperature Equilibration - The Thorn in the Side of Efficiency.” Pharmpro.com, 21 March 2017.
- Swartz, Kevin. “DSCSA Serialization Readiness - Outside Help Frees You to Succeed.” Pharmpro.com, 20 March 2017.
- Swartz, Kevin, et al. “Flip-Off Caps Need More Evaluation Than You'd Think.” Pharmaceutical Processing, IPS Technologies Tours at INTERPHEX 2017 Supplement, 20 March 2017.
- Swartz, Kevin. “Complex Packaging in Compact Spaces.” Pharmpro.com, 8 April 2016.
- Swartz, Kevin, et al. “Assessing, Controlling, and Monitoring Worker Safety in Primary Packaging.” Pharmaceutical Processing, IPS Technologies Tours at INTERPHEX 2016 Supplement, 1 April 2018.
- Swartz, Kevin, et al. “Multi-Component Kit and Device Assembly and Packaging.” Pharmaceutical Processing, IPS Technologies Tours at INTERPHEX 2015 Supplement, 1 March 2015.
- Swartz, Kevin, and Leonard Pauzer. “Oral Solid Dose Packaging: Assessing, Minimizing and Monitoring the Risk of API Exposure.” Pharma Expo, 20 September 2015, Las Vegas, NV.