Jason is a premier process architect who develops master plans and concept designs for pharmaceutical facilities around the world. Jason focuses on advanced aseptic facility design and uses unique visualization techniques to assist clients in the development of unit operations and conceptual layouts. He has conceptualized and led the final design and construction services for numerous cutting-edge biopharmaceutical facilities around the world.
Jason has over 20 years of experience in conceptual and detailed architectural design as well as construction-related services. As director of process architecture, his focus is on designing fully integrated facilities that support manufacturing and operational processes. Jason’s capabilities include project scope development, programming, conceptual design, material and personnel flow development, material and system evaluation, detail design and construction administration. His designs have led to innovative, world-class facilities that not only produce product, but can also be maintained and operated efficiently and safely.
- B. Arch. - Minor in International Studies, The Pennsylvania State University
- American Institute of Architecture (AIA)
- National Counsel of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE)
- Collins, Jason, et al. “Baseline Guide Vol 3: Sterile Product Manufacturing Facilities.” ISPE, April 2018.
- Collins, Jason and Vince Cebular. “Flexible Parenteral Manufacturing - From Seed to Vial.” Pharmaceutical Processing, IPS Technologies Tours at INTERPHEX 2018 Supplement, April 2018.
- Collins, Jason. “You can’t blame the Devil…” Pharmapro.com, 15 March 2017.
- Collins, Jason, et al. “Designing Aseptic Facilities Amid Changing Business Drivers & Technologies.” Pharmaceutical Processing, IPS Technologies Tours at INTERPHEX 2015 Supplement, 1 March 2015.
- Collins, Jason. “Aseptic Equipment Trends.” PHARMAevolution, 7 May 2013.
- Collins, Jason. “Fourth Generation Aseptic Barrier Technology.” Pharmaceutical Processing, April 2013.
- Collins, Jason. “The Next Generation CMOs: Aseptic Processing Designs Must Advance.” Contract Pharma Magazine, 1 October 2013.
- Collins, Jason, et al. “Case Study: Brazil Fill/Finish: The Role of CMO's in Supporting Global Vaccine Production Needs.” Pharmaceutical Processing, IPS Technologies Tours at INTERPHEX 2012 Supplement, 1 March 2012.
- Collins, Jason, and Rob Roy. “Single Use Disposable Systems for Aseptic Fill Finish Facilities.” Contract Pharma Magazine, 6 June 2011.
- Collins, Jason. "GMP Sterile Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Facility, 19-20 January 2021, Virtual
- Collins, Jason. "The Aseptic Facility of the Future: Learning from Today's Facilities to Plan for Tomorrow." B+S Technology Days Conference Keynote, 25 June 2019, Ilshofen, Germany.
- Collins, Jason. "Learning from Today's Facilities to Plan for Tomorrow: The Aseptic Manufacturing facility of the future." ISPE Aseptic Conference, 18 March 2019, North Bethesda, MD.
- Collins, Jason. "Using the Revised ISPE Baseline Guide for Sterile Manufacturing Facilities." ISPE Annual Meeting, 30 October 2019, Las Vegas, NV.
- Collins, Jason and Vince Cebular. “Breakfast Panel Session: ISPE Baseline® Guide: Sterile Product Manufacturing Facilities.” ISPE Aseptic Processing Technology Conference, 1 March 2017, Arlington, VA.
- Collins, Jason, and Vince Cebular. “’Don’t Let it Out!’ A Practical Approach to Containment in Sterile Manufacturing Facilities.” ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo, 31 October 2017, San Diego, CA.
- Collins, Jason. “Sterile Manufacturing Facilities: Regulatory and Manufacturing Philosophy, Process Equipment Considerations, HVAC, and Barrier and Isolator Technology.” ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo, 30 October 2017, San Diego, CA.
- Collins, Jason. "CGMP Aseptic Facility Design Based on Barrier Technology." FDA Drug Investigator Training Program, May 2016.
- Collins, Jason. “Risk Based Facility Design Case Study: LAV Fill/Finish Facility.” Bosch Aseptic Technology Symposium, 12-14 October 2015, Indianapolis, IN.
- Collins, Jason and Robert Roy. "CGMP Aseptic Facility Design Based on Barrier Technology.” FDA Drug Investigator Training Program, 15 September 2015, Indianapolis, IN.
- Collins, Jason. "ISPE Industry Panel: Aseptic Facility Design Case Study." ISPE Aseptic Process Technology Conference, February 2015, Baltimore, MD.
- Collins, Jason. "The Evolution of Parenteral Facility Design." ISPE, November 2013, Vizag, India.
- Collins, Jason. "FDA Sterile Drug Training.” FDA White OAK Campus, September 2013.
- Collins, Jason. "Risk Based Facility Design Case Study: LAV Fill/Finish Facility." PDA Aseptic Processing - Sterilization Conference, June 2013.