IPS performed design, engineering, construction management, and commissioning to fit out an existing building shell with a 20,000L mAb manufacturing facility.
The client was contracted by their key customer to rapidly develop a backup supply of a critical, high value mAb. IPS provided conceptual and preliminary engineering, detailed design, permitting, equipment and subcontract procurement, construction management, and commissioning.
The scope was fast-track and included multi-story equipment general arrangements and renderings, cost estimates, and life cycle project schedule. The facility was completed, concept through commissioning, in 24 months and included the following functions:
Fermentation & Media
- Media prep operations gravity flowing into fermentation
- Disposable inoculation and seed reactors up to 2KL
- Stainless steel production bioreactor systems
- Centrifuge, depth filters, final filters and harvest vessel
- Disposable bag and transfer systems to feed purification via gravity
- Material handling systems capable of safe bag movement throughout the facility
Purification and Bulk Fill
- Purification equipment and bulk fill into two suites (pre and post viral)
- Column packing in pre/post viral purification available
- Dirty utilities installation capable to meet the needs of the customer dedicated suite with redundancy capability
- Clean utilities installed as units serving only this customer dedicated suite.
Region: AmericasOffice: Blue Bell, PA
Services: Engineering, Critical Utilities, Procurement, Commissioning, Commissioning, Qualification & Validation, DesignIndustry: Biotechnology & BiomanufacturingFacility Type: Research & Development