IPS’ client strategically converted all live poultry vaccines in the vial format to a new delivery technology. Upon completion, the client became the first in the market to produce this method of vaccine delivery in a commercial capacity.
This project delivered a commercial scale production facility to supply live virus poultry vaccines. IPS’ scope included all site preparation, design of production spaces, materials handling areas, and a dedicated utilities and energy area.
To facilitate being the first to market with this technology, an accelerated construction schedule was required. To complete this project within the accelerated timeline, IPS utilized our One Team integrated EPCM approach to eliminate duplicate efforts, maximize efficiencies, and reduce risk. This lean-integrated design and construction approach was planned in conjunction with our local partner, Bovis Lend Lease, and delivered the live facility within the client’s timeline.
- Biosafety Level 1 greenfield production building
- Multi-product, campaigned suites over 3 class levels NC, CNC, D and C.
- LEAN project execution approach
- Process Equipment: Bollomaat, 2 lyophillizers, cup filler
- Leveraged local construction management partner, Bovis Lend Lease, with strong local market knowledge and presence
- IPS in the lead for pre-construction activities (procurement, estimating, scheduling, logistics, CQV planning, CM oversight)
- BIM files were developed by IPS, transferred to local construction management partner, reviewed weekly by the project team
- IPS owns overall project delivery
Region: EMEACountry: United States, United KingdomOffice: Blue Bell, PA, Birmingham
Services: Construction Management, EPCMV & EPCM, Design, Engineering, Critical UtilitiesIndustries: Animal Health, VaccinesFacility Type: Manufacturing
Kevin R. Batche
Vice President, Procurement & Logistics
Sr. Process Engineer
Global Director, Environmental, Health & Safety
Dan Leorda, PE
Regional Vice President
Veera Ronalter, RA, LEED AP BD+C
Architectural Group Lead, Sustainability Coordinator
Joseph J. Rotman
Lead Process Engineer
Carmella Tallarida, EIT
Lead Process Engineer
Director, Process Technology