Mr. Wong leads IPS’ Shanghai based operations where he brings his extensive international industry experience in engineering and compliance services to the region. He has over 40 years of diverse experience in the pharmaceutical industry in technology transfer, engineering design, construction and project management of multi-million dollar capital projects from project inception through plant commissioning within the pharmaceutical and specialty API chemical industries. Before joining IPS, he was Director of Global Engineering for a leading pharmaceutical company where he oversaw projects across the globe, including the US, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Ireland, France, Italy, and Germany. The experience he brings from the “owner” side is invaluable to IPS and to the clients they support. His in-depth knowledge of delivering complex projects within budget and on schedule, along with his strong leadership skills are contributing factors to IPS’ achievements in the China market.
Mr. Wong has been instrumental in the successful award of multiple projects through his strong professional relationships with regional clients. His understanding of the unique market conditions, his local relationships, and his passion for success will enhance an already successful operation. He is a highly motivated leader who advocates an integrated team approach to deliver complex international projects with an emphasis on project objectives alignment, teamwork, effective communication, formal design assurance, governance procedures, etc. for project management and control.
- B.S. - Chemical Engineering, TRINE University
- M.S. - Chemical Engineering, Columbia University
- International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE)
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honorary Society
- ISPE Global API COP, API past Co-Chair / Executive Committee Member
- ISPE China Affiliate, API COP Local Chair/ Technical Advisor
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Hoffmann La Roche
- Reheis Chemical Company (Division of Armour Pharmaceutical)
- Pall Corporation