Gareth has over 30 years of experience in operating, designing and project managing for chemical manufacturing facilities, including biopharma, chemical, food and energy projects. In addition to managing major projects of over £150M in India, China, UK and mainland Europe, he has also led business innovation and improvement initiatives and operated at managing director level in the UK, Poland, and China.
Gareth offers excellent team leadership skills and an ability to effectively empower large teams to innovate and deliver successfully.
A unique skill set is his ability to rapidly assimilate key project and business information and formulate development, change management, or improvement initiatives, and lead or direct these with high levels of team empowerment and success. This has been reflected by a number of awards from the ECI, and “business of the year” in 2013.
- B.Sc. (Hons) Applied Chemistry – Portsmouth University
- NEBOSH Certificate (Dist)
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineers (ISPE)
- Institute of Directors (IOD)
- Davies, Gareth, et al. “10 Ways to Improve Your Project Execution,” Pharma’s Almanac, March 3, 2021.
- Davies, Gareth, "Simple Techniques Lead to Delivery Excellence." LinkedIn Pulse, 8 August 2017.
- Davies, Gareth, "Industry Futures." European Construction Institute, 2008
- Davies, Gareth. "Fast Track Project Handbook." European Construction Institute, 2006
- Davies, Gareth. "Fast Track Project Implementation – Risk or Reward." European Biopharmaceutical Review, 2003
- Davies, Gareth. "Effective Project Execution in Pharmaceuticals." European Biopharmaceutical Review, 1999
- Davies, Gareth. "The Case for CHP." 1994
- Davies, Gareth. "The Future of Project Management." European Construction Institute Conference, Newcastle, 2007
- Davies, Gareth. "Paradigm Shift in Project Execution." European Construction Institute Conference, Vienna, 2005
- Davies, Gareth. "Doing Business Effectively in China." European Construction Institute Conference, Delft, 2004
- Davies, Gareth. "Supply Chain Engagement to Best Value." I.Chem.E, Runcorn, 2004