Daniel has over thirty years of experience and leadership supporting the planning and delivery of major capital assets. He has experience in facility startup and all stages of project delivery programs including strategy and planning, development, execution, and delivery.
Specific areas of his expertise include project management, planning, development and execution of commissioning & qualification (C&Q), preventive maintenance planning and delivery, project information management, and risk-based verification approaches.
- B.S. – Aviation Maintenance Management, Lewis University
- MBA - National University
- International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE)
- AABC Commissioning Group (ACG), Member
- Rockwell International
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Performance Validation, LLC
- Franklin, Daniel, et al. "ISPE Good Practice Guide: Decommissioning of Pharmaceutical Equipment and Facilities." June 2017
- Franklin, Daniel. “Commissioning and Qualification (C&O) Project Management Skills.” PDA Capital Region Project Management Workshop 101. 2021. Virtual.
- Franklin, Daniel and Westerman, Michael. “Risk-based C&Q (T55).” ISPE Classroom Training, 23-24 July 2019, St. Louis, MS.
- Franklin, Daniel. "Science and Risk-Based Commissioning and Qualification - Applying Risk Management for Commissioning and Qualification (T40)." ISPE Classroom Training, 17-18 October 2019, Cambridge, MA.
- Franklin, Daniel. “Course # T-48: Risk-based Verification of Facilities, Systems and Equipment.” ISPE Classroom Training Course, 16-17 April 2018, Manhattan Beach, CA; 13-14 September 2018, Bethesda, MD; and ISPE Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Conference, 13-14 December 2018, Huntington Beach, CA.
- Franklin, Daniel and Steve Wisniewski. “ASPM E2500 Approach to the Application of Quality Risk Management.” Pharma EXPO, 3 November 2014, Chicago, IL.
- Franklin, Daniel. “Is Risk-based Verification (ASTM E2500) Too Risky (For our business)?” ISPE Pharma Expo, October 2014.
- Franklin, Daniel. “Risk-based Verification of Facilities, Systems & Equipment Workshop (T48).” ISPE Classroom Training, 10-11 September 2014, Raleigh, NC.
- Franklin, Daniel. “Applied Risk Management.” ISPE Conferences, June 2011, Washington.
- Franklin, Daniel, et al. “ISPE Risk-based Approach for the Delivery of Facilities, Systems and Equipment.” 2011
- Franklin, Daniel. “Using the Maintenance and Good Engineering Practice Good Practice Guides.” ISPE Tampa Conferences, February 2010, Tampa, FL.
- Franklin, Daniel. “Engineering Information Management Workshop.” ISPE Washington Conferences, June 2009, WA.
- Franklin, Daniel. “Project Information Management - Case Studies.” ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo, November 2008.
- Franklin, Daniel. “Legacy Systems- Maintaining the Qualified State.” ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo, November 2007.
- Franklin, Daniel, et al. “ISPE Applied Risk Management for Commissioning and Qualification.” 2011